Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Honey & Hay Fever

This is just folk medicine, and it's not backed by any science. But I've had encouraging results from it, so I wanted to share. If you do a search, you'll find other anecdotal accounts that say it's helpful.

Apparently if you eat a little local honey every day, the small amount of pollen present in the honey will strengthen your immune system against local allergens. I've tried a couple kinds of honey, bought from the local farmer's market and flea market, and I think they both helped me.

Even if it's a placebo effect, it still gives me some relief.

I know that now, especially, is the time when we allergy sufferers are suffering the most. And I feel better ingesting something natural for my allergies than taking little white processed pills made of who-knows-what.

The more local the honey is to where you live or spend most of your time, the better, because it will contain the pollens that are around you. Hope you can find some relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment